Numerical reasoning assessments are widely used to measure potential and offer recruiters more information about an applicant’s likely ability to perform effectively in a role. Pearson TalentLens has developed NDIT which has a contemporary theme, is scored using state of the art Item Response Theory and contains both multiple choice format items and a number of free response questions – which minimises guessing the correct answer.
- Reduces hiring and time costs.
- Quickly sifts out unsuitable candidates.
- Improves candidate quality at final stage of recruitment.
- Determines candidates’ ability to interpret data under time pressure.
- Free test platform access for orders of 30 units or more.
- Online – unsupervised.
- Ideal for graduate and managerial sifting.
- Scored using Item Response Theory.
- 21 items, timed (30 mins max).
- Free response and multiple choice questions.
- Questions of varying difficulty and format.
- Reports available immediately via platform.
- Can be linked to Applicant Tracking Systems.
NDIT measures candidates’ ability to:
- Draw appropriate inferences from data.
- Calculate values using basic arithmetic operators and work with decimals and fractions.
- Understand information presented in tables, charts ad graphs.
- Identify when additional data is required to draw particular assumptions.