This latest edition, DAT Next Generation combines cutting-edge Computerised Adaptive Testing technology or CAT to offer five new DAT tests in a number of languages. Compared with traditional fixed-form tests CAT presents a modern method of delivering item-banked tests to job applicants or students with many benefits over the previous version.
Each DAT Next Generation sub-test contains only 15 items & measures the following:
- Verbal Analogies: Measures verbal reasoning by the relationships between pairs of words.
- Numerical Calculations: Measures addition, subtraction, division, percentages, algebra &, multiplication.
- Numerical Sequences: Measures problem-solving abilities with numbers.
- Abstract Reasoning: It looks at the ability to see sequences in shapes and patterns.
- Space Relations: The ability to visualize 2D shapes in 3D.
Highly Predictive of Performance
Launched in 1947 initially to support career guidance and vocational counseling in students, DAT’s use has since extended to measure an individual’s level of general and a number specific mental abilities that are required for success in many job roles and training courses.
The increased usage of ability tests in these areas is supported by in-depth research showing that tests of mental ability are highly predictive of performance.
- Short, 15 item tests
- More reliable scores
- Better test-taker experience
- Items presented at the ability level of the test taker
- One test – suitable for a wide range of ability levels
- Dutch (Coming 2019)
- Spanish (Coming 2019)