It all starts with a thought:
Every second, our brain is in action, generating thought-after-thought. Our thoughts lead to action of some kind that might pose as impact; insignificant or monumental, which affects ourselves, our families, our country, and our world.
Good decision making through good critical thinking:
Strong critical thinking skills must be cultivated from a young age. It facilitates an atmosphere of purposeful and reflective judgment.
Critical thinking is thinking logically and seeking to understand things for his/her intellectual side’s satisfaction.
Critical thinking is defined as the analysis of facts to form a judgment. The subject is complex, and several different definitions exist, which generally include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, or evaluation of factual evidence. The process of critical thinking involved active and skillful conceptualization, application, analysis, and evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.
Who are some famous CRITICAL THINKERS?
Some of the greatest minds in the world were frequently immersed in critical thinking, which could have possibly led to the positive impact they had on the world. These critical thinkers include the likes of Albert Einstein, Socrates, Machiavelli, Martin Luther King Jr., Marie Curie, Sir Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, and Stephen Hawking, to name a few.
What makes for a good critical thinker?
Being a critical thinker is probably the best way to ensure that one is always learning. Good critical thinkers stand out from the rest in the following ways-
- They are problem solvers
- They possess a keen sense of creativity
- They tend to think analytically
- They believe in They work with teams towards finding mutually beneficial solutions
- Clear and concise in their communication
- Critical thinkers believe in ethics, action, and take accountability for their decisions
How to cultivate an atmosphere of critical thinking?
Critical thinking, as an exercise, should be ongoing and consistent. Below are some starting points to help enhance one’s critical thinking skills- be it in his/her personal or professional pursuits.
- Inculcate a habit of asking questions
- Begin to question assumptions that people have
- Look at something (an object, person, situation, news information) in a completely different light than you currently do
- Try to explore another’s person’s point of view objectively, without simply accepting it
- Start participating in more group discussions
- Read something new and challenging
- Listen more actively
- Pay close attention to how you think and what you speak. This is to help try and understand whether your action is based out of emotion or objectivity
- Formulate an opinion on something unfamiliar to you (Start with a new genre of music or a film, a cuisine, etc.)
- Question or challenge a long-held belief that you’ve had
- Reflect and introspect on the decisions you had to take, as well as the ones you didn’t/couldn’t.
While the above is a general suggestive exercise for helping improve and enhance one’s critical thinking skills, professionally assessing and evaluating one’s creative thinking skills is a need of the hour in top international companies and businesses.
Your perfect tool to identify and distinguish the key critical thinkers from the rest:
TalentLens offers a perfect critical thinking assessment solution to help evaluate and improve the art of critical thinking with the Watson Glaser Test of Critical thinking Appraisal iii. It is used by many top global conglomerates across for evaluating an individual’s thought process, opinions, and assumptions from multiple perspectives.
As all the tests are online, it allows recruiters to conduct the selection process smoothly, not requiring the physical presence of the candidate.
In the profile report, a candidate will be evaluated and marked based on the R.E.D model. That is, their ability to:
- Recognize assumptions
- Evaluate Arguments
- Draw conclusions
Pearson TalentLens is a global solutions provider, highly sought for recruitment processes, career guidance, personal and leadership development, and coaching. With a team of highly skilled experts, TalentLens helps guide you through the selection of tests and best practice implementation based on your organizational requirements.