Raven’s Progressive Matrices
A non-verbal test to identify problem solvers and quick learners, to help make your business talent-ready.
- Competency areas – Problem Identification, Problem Solving, Learning Agility, Clear Thinking in Ambiguous Situations
- Administration type – Online
- Test duration – 30 to 60 minutes
Raven’s is a leading global non-verbal measure of mental ability, helping to identify individuals with observation and clear thinking skills who can handle the complexity and ambiguity of the modern workplace. Raven’s offers information about a person’s capacity for analysing and solving problems, abstract reasoning, as well as their learning potential. Cultural bias and the disadvantages of lack of relevant education are reduced from the use of this non-verbal measure.
Raven’s is a powerful and ideal selection tool for your entry level workforce who bring diverse cultural and educational backgrounds to the hiring process. Use this non-verbal and culture-free measure, in order to remove such variables from your selection process and identify talent that will learn your business quickly and think clearly towards solutions, in complex situations.
As your business competes with Indian and global players in the coming years, use the Raven’s to upskill your workforce and give your business the competitive advantage you’ve been looking for.
Raven’s is an ideal assessment for professionals across the board – entry, middle and top level of professionals – depending on the version used. It is used in many audiences:
- Global workforces
- Public sector and military
- Professionals in virtually every position and industry in India
CHOOSE THE RIGHT VERSION OF RAVEN’S FOR YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS:
RAVEN’S ADVANCED PROGRESSIVE MATRICES (APM) – ITEM-BANKED
- Suitable for senior management and senior professional and technical roles
- The APM is available in multiple languages including Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Spanish Swedish and Portugese
- The APM Short Form also available which is a timed test containing 23 items and lasts up to 42 minutes (with 2 minutes for practice items).
With the new Raven’s APM Item-banked questions are drawn from a large bank: No two
test takers receive the same set of questions, protecting the integrity of the test.
RAVEN’S STANDARD PROGRESSIVE MATRICES PLUS (SPM PLUS)
- Suitable for professional, management and high-level technical positions
RAVEN’S STANDARD PROGRESSIVE MATRICES (SPM)
- Suitable for positions such as entry level, supervisor, mid-level manager, or equivalent technical or professional positions in an organisation
QUESTIONS ASK YOU TO COMPLETE A MATRIX:
- A variety of figures, relationships, and transformations are presented
- Person must select the best multiple choice alternative to fill the empty corner
- Scores correlate highly with other well-respected nonverbal reasoning measures (r = .81 with WAIS Matrix Reasoning) and measures of overall mental ability (r = .74 to .84 with WAIS overall scores)
- Abbreviated versions of SPM and APM correlate .97 with the original full-length versions
- Meta-analyses have consistently shown that mental ability measures like the Raven’s predict job performance better than any other single prediction
Raven’s is available online and is delivered through our Talent Assessment Platform (TAP). Pricing for online assessments is determined by a sliding scale, based on the quantity purchased.