Finding The Right Balance
Combining assessments allows you to evaluate the whole person—to expand the breadth and depth of the information you have on the applicant. The most frequent combination of assessments includes combining ability/skills (i.e., “can do”) with personality/values (i.e., “will, would like, or prefers to do”).
Here are some common multi-lens assessment packages our clients use:
- Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal (WGCTA) and Rust Advanced Numerical Reasoning Appraisal (RANRA)– Critical thinking combined with critical thinking with numbers
- Watson-Glaser and Raven’s Progressive Matrices (Raven’s) – Critical thinking with verbal information combined with a measure of non-verbal problem solving
- Watson-Glaser/RANRA/Raven’s and SOSIE – Mental competence combined with the measurement of personality and values
- Watson-Glaser/RANRA and Raven’s – Mental competence combined with problem solving ability in complex workplace situations requiring higher order reasoning skills
- Core Abilities/Differential Aptitude Tests and SOSIE – Measuring applicants’ level of general ability combined with indication of appropriate competence for a particular role